Are you getting results from your social media strategy?
- June 5th, 2017
Give your strategy a checkup from the neck up!
Can you believe half the year is almost over? You’ve been implementing your social media strategy for almost 9 months.
How’s it going?
If you haven’t tackled it already time to review those platform analytics to determine how well your strategy is working. After all, you’re not posting all that content just to post something, right?
If you are, we need to talk.
Audit Your Achievements!
Most small business owners have heard of a social media audit, but most don’t really know what it is, nor have they ever completed one. No worries! Here’s a quick explanation.
An audit is a complete review of your social media presence. It gives you the opportunity to take a look at what’s working or not, what revisions are needed, and what strategy may need to be nixed altogether. While you should complete a social media audit at least once a quarter, now is the perfect time to take a snapshot of your performance and the impact on your business.
A few questions to consider when reviewing your performance numbers are:
- Have you achieved the number of followers desired?
- Have you published the amount of content you originally scheduled?
- Have your posts received the engagement you were looking for?
- Is your content driving enough traffic to your website??
Your platform insights and analytics tools can help you determine what’s happening.
Keep in mind that you can only view performance data for Facebook and Instagram if they’ve been converted to business accounts. Twitter allows analytics for everyone.
To check your Facebook content results, go to the “Insights” tab at the top of your business page.
- Post impressions – The number times your post was shown in someone’s timeline
- Page and posts reach – The number of unique viewers who viewed the post or page
- Page and posts engagement – The number of clicks, likes, shares, or comments on the post or page
Instagram analytics is also available for business accounts, but can only be accessed through the mobile app. From mobile profile page, you’ll notice the analytics icon, which looks like a line graph, at the top of the page.
You can review measurements important to your business, such as:
- The number of followers you’ve added this week over the last
- The demographicsc of those followers
- Percentage of men vs. women
- Age range
- Follower location
- Engagement for each specific post (Likes, comments, impressions, reach, etc.)
Twitter also has a great analytics tool that can be used to chart your course. This tool allows you to see:
- Your top tweets over a self-selected range of time
- Your follower demographics, based on
- Household income
- Age range
- Even the type of TV they watch
Most social media apps have some form of analytics. Use the data to determine the success of the strategy you created at the beginning of the year. Is it working for you? If so, great! Do more of the same! If not, take a step back and make the needed adjustments.
Not sure what those adjustments are? Connect with me. I can help!
Edited and September 13, 2018.